06 May 2010

Geographic Reader Shout-Out

Hi there, faithful readers! (Apologies for the unplanned hiatus again!)

I've sneakily been keeping track of pageviews and attention to this site with Google Analytics, which is a nifty bit of code that logs such information for website traffic analysis and means I get all sorts of lovely data about my readership. Today, I'm taking advantage of Analytics to let you know that I really do care when people read this - I'm paying as much attention to your attention as you're paying to my adventures!

Since my first post, I've had pageviews from ten countries: the USA, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, Denmark, Canada, the UK, Malaysia, Japan, and South Korea. I don't even know people from most of those countries! Thanks for reading my blog, strangers! You're wonderful people.

And now, a shout-out to the Americans, because I'm inherently biased like that (woot woot). You're from twenty-three different states and I have no idea who most of you are, but it brightens my day to know you exist!

OHIO! (Oberlin! Medina! Ashland! Beachwood! Dayton! Maple Heights! Cincinnati! Fairborn! Kent! Cleveland! Strongsville! Bath!)

NEW YORK! (Mamaroneck! Eastchester! New York! Poughkeepsie! Harrison! Brooklyn! Albany! Huntington Station! Monsey! Latham! Clifton Park! White Plains! Scarsdale! Tuckahoe!)

MASSACHUSETTS! (Concord! Wilmington! Everett! Cambridge! Boston! Amherst! North Amherst! Hopkinton! New Bedford!)

CALIFORNIA! (Larkspur! San Rafael! Sacramento! San Diego! Piedmont! Sanger! Culver City!)

MARYLAND! (Potomac! Baltimore!)

NORTH CAROLINA! (Asheville! Skyland! Charlotte!)

SOUTH CAROLINA! (Mount Pleasant! Greenville!)

CONNECTICUT! (Litchfield! Cos Cob! Middletown!)

MISSOURI! (Kansas City!)

FLORIDA! (Naples!)

TEXAS! (Arlington! Houston! Denton!)

PENNSYLVANIA! (Villanova! Downingtown! Imperial!)

MINNESOTA! (Minneapolis!)

OREGON! (Portland! Eugene!)

VERMONT! (Burlington!)

MAINE! (Brewer! Bangor!)

ILLINOIS! (Downers Grove! Belvidere!)

DELAWARE! (Dagsboro!)

WISCONSIN! (Milwaukee!)

NEW HAMPSHIRE! (Nashua!)

Thanks for reading, all of you. Stay awesome.

(Normal photo-laden posting will resume once I take some more pictures of things.)

Kia ora!

No comments:

Post a Comment