18 March 2010

Amanda Palmer in Wellington!

Today it's cold, windy, and overcast. I am staying inside, huddled in my room, until I have to walk to class at 3. In other words: Backlogged picture time!

Last Friday, we went to see Amanda Palmer (of the Dresden Dolls) at Bar Bodega in downtown Wellington. Of course, it was pouring, so I only brought my Cybershot for fear of soaking the SLR.






We got to the venue in one piece and managed to end up first in line, which enabled us to grab fantastic places in the crowd. Unfortunately, I valued my consciousness over the third-row spot I'd managed to snag and sacrificed a potentially awesome camera angle for a glass of ice water back at the bar. I still got a couple of shots, though!





Laura, Elana, and Becca - we dressed up a bit...



Amanda came out to thank us for showing up and to introduce her opening act, Hera.



Hera was awesome. After her set, though, I was about to pass out, so...water.



Amanda Palmer herself.

Kia ora!

- Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment